About the Role
We are in need of a Production Helper at several of our facilities. In this role you will perform helper’s work having to do with production operations and processing such as position lightweight materials, feed mechanism for continuous processing, or position and/or remove materials to assist the Machine Operator, supply containers, light raw materials or perform other like work.
Responsibilities of this role vary by department. One main aspect is that you are depended on to assist in areas specialized to your Machine Operator.
Some of these various duties are:
• Inspects, cleans, and scrapes metal preparatory to fabricating, welding, painting or shipping.
• Assists machine operator by running machine after set-up.
• Assists operator by placing or removing finished parts from machine.
• Loads, stacks, and transport stock, tools, dies as needed or directed.
• Inspects and packages parts.
• Instructions given on work procedures.
• May perform clean-up duties as needed as well as trucking scrap from work area.
• Assists fellow employees as needed and directed.
• PPE and all safety policies and procedures will be in full effect.
• Additional duties may be assigned.
One-three months of related experience is preferred.
Demonstrated detail orientation, self-motivation skills and ability to multi-task.
Good finger and hand dexterity.
Ability to left up to 50 lbs at a time. This position involves a lot of bending, twisting and lifting.
Ability to understand work orders and follow instructions.
Ability to understand and follow at DSF safety policies and procedures.
About the Company
Doing Steel Fabrication is a Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Fabricator with 4 locations Nationwide. Our main Headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. We have proudly been servicing the Steel industry for over 35 years and are one of the largest family-owned steel fabricators in the nation.