About the Role
This position will be a high volume, high quality, and fast-moving facility. You will be applying liquid paint to products where standard finishes are required ensuring requirements are met.
• Understands or willing to learn gun, pump, and other equipment operations and makes adjustments as trained to produce quality parts economically.
• Follows proper paint procedures including distance from gun to part, flow rates, air pressure, and overlap.
• Load and move material to work area.
• May clean and prepare surface of article to be painted.
• May apply masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be painted.
• May pour coating liquid into spray container and connect gun to air hose.
• May identify proper paint via structure information.
• Identify or learn to identify and troubleshoot paint defects.
• May inspect parts.
• Correctly rework parts with paint defects
• Maintain a clean and properly functioning gun.
• Troubleshoot equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled.
• May perform additional duties as assigned.
Having painting experience is preferred but not required.
Must be able to wear a respirator.
Have the ability to stand for 8+ hours each day. Able to work overtime as needed.
Ability to understand work orders and follow instructions.
Ability to understand and follow at DSF safety policies and procedures.
Ability to bend, stand and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
About the Company
Doing Steel Fabrication is a Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Fabricator with 4 locations Nationwide. Our main Headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. We have proudly been servicing the Steel industry for over 35 years and are one of the largest family-owned steel fabricators in the nation.