About the Role
This position like many others at DSF requires good communication. Processing of paperwork, manuals, and maintaining machine schematics will be required as well as operation of personal computer (PC), via keyboard/mouse, to create work requests and work orders, obtain needed parts in-house, and obtain historical work order information. PPE and all safety policies and procedures will be in full effect and followed specifically for each machine and or process the technician is involved in.
A successful candidate will have previous knowledge of hand tools, repair and maintenance on motors, controls, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Coordination and scheduling with other maintenance personnel across all shifts to make sure work orders get completed on time and efficiently while observing priority needs.
• Diagnoses situation or problems, plans and schedules course of action necessary to prevent breakdowns (i.e., preventive maintenance), and makes repairs or improvements to machines/equipment. Performs basic electrical repairs. Installs, removes, fabricates, alters, and rebuilds machines/equipment to achieve desired results and comply with all code requirements.
• Plans, lays out, and performs all bench and machine operations to construct, alter, and repair intricately designed and constructed tools, fixtures, gages, machine attachments, and mechanisms, ensuring proper fit, alignment, calibration, adjustment, assembly, and completion of work.
• Reads and interprets schematics, and machine manuals to perform repairs.
• Operates testing equipment, powered hand tools, torches, welders, and precision measuring equipment.
• Assists other maintenance members and serves as resource to management.
• Routinely contacts suppliers or manufacturers on part information, repair issues, improvements, and shipping instructions.
• Maintains current knowledge and skills in all maintenance/repair crafts and duties, in addition to basic electronic/electrical knowledge and repair.
• Maintains user knowledge of all maintenance/repair equipment and test instruments, including material handling equipment, manlifts, voltage testers, small tools, welders, and fabrication equipment.
• Climbs ladders and/or machinery, stoops, crouches, twists, kneels, crawls, and walks to access repair area while carrying or moving tools and repair parts, including overhead and floor-to-waist lifting of materials weighing over 60 pounds.
• Completes all appropriate paperwork.
• Maintains all equipment and computer documentation.
• Ensures and maintains safety and cleanliness of equipment, department, plant, and worksite.
Relevant Experience is Preferred
About the Company
Doing Steel Fabrication is a Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Fabricator with 4 locations Nationwide. Our main Headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. We have proudly been servicing the Steel industry for over 35 years and are one of the largest family-owned steel fabricators in the nation.