About the Role
The primary function of an Assistant Project Manager is to support Project Managers and coordinate operations on projects. APMs ensure that schedules, RFIs, submittals and production orders are processed on time. They are also available to help crews interpret job designs, as well as ensure the job is constructed according to the project plans. The APM's goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency overall. Responsibilities Include:
• Daily operations of field work activities and organization of subcontractors.
• Obtain project schedules from clients & coordinate with submittal schedule
• Log all submittals and RFIs into Steel Manufacturing Software.
• Follow up with detailing, engineering & clients about status of submittals & RFIs.
• Organize project folders for submittals, RFIs and design drawings
• Provide status reports of submittals & RFIs
• Organize resources to enable contract deadlines to be achieved
• Provide input on the construction schedule
• Process production packages for fabrication
• Take routine jobsite photos
• Coordinates the delivery of materials
• Support shop staff with all shop and design drawings.
• Reviews all management logs daily and identifies all tasks that require immediate attention.
• Expedite answers and actions required through contact with the responsible parties.
• Notify the relevant manager of actions or answers needed which are not forthcoming on a timely basis.
• Attend and gather data from progress meetings and input data into appropriate software application.
• Ensures the accurate assignment and coding of costs.
• Assures adherence to project close-out requirements.
Familiarity with program management, construction management, development, and construction marketing concepts, procedures, and terminology needed.
Strong background in composition of reports, proposals, technical correspondence, and documentation.
Ability to work in an office environment as well as in the field as requested.
Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office products including Outlook.
Ability to learn company software as needed or required.
About the Company
Doing Steel Fabrication is a Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Fabricator with 4 locations Nationwide. Our main Headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. We have proudly been servicing the Steel industry for over 35 years and are one of the largest family-owned steel fabricators in the nation.