About the Role
• Accurately review and interpret construction design drawings and specifications to determine the required quantities, means, and methods to complete the project while remaining cost-effective.
• Perform a quantity takeoff for structural steel and miscellaneous steel projects.
• Establish a clear definition of the project requirements through correspondence with the customer, such as schedule, material, coatings, and logistics.
• Communicate scope requirements and solicit pricing from approved subcontractors/vendors.
• Prepare quotation letters and other reports for approval by the preconstruction manager.
• Communicate scope requirements and challenges of sold projects with Project Management.
• Simultaneously manage multiple projects and bids to completion.
• Other duties may be assigned as skill level progresses.
· Software – Word, (Typing Proposals), Excel (Qty Takeoffs) (Tracking), Outlook (Email Correspondence).
· Familiarity with commercial construction and/or structural steel
· Mechanically and mathematically oriented
· On-the-job training is provided for those with strong attributes but lack experience.
· Proven experience in a fast-paced environment, handling a large workload, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
About the Company
Doing Steel Fabrication is a Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Fabricator with 4 locations Nationwide. Our main Headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. We have proudly been servicing the Steel industry for over 35 years and are one of the largest family-owned steel fabricators in the nation.