About the Role
SKILLED & ENTRY LEVEL POSITIONS AVAILABLE! We are seeking the Industries Best Welders. In this role you will be responsible for preparing metal for weld operations per customer specifications, drawings, and instructions from engineering. The primary duty is performing welding operations on various customer products.
We adhere to the highest standards in the industry and follow applicable welding procedures per the AWS and AICS. Our welders must also pass a welding test in accordance to AWS D1.1, and be agreeable to further training.
Along with high Industry Standards, we also have a Strict Safety Policy and Procedure that must be followed at all times. You are too important to your family and to the DSF Team to have an injury that could have been avoided.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Verifies proper tooling is installed or staged in manual area.
• Reviews weld requirements from weld prints (size, spacing, location, ECT).
• Loads and locates parts into tooling per print and work instructions.
• Welds part per customer provided prints.
• Removes weld spatter and scale from finished parts.
• May be required to remove material by grinding (metal finishing) using power tools and manually to meet customer specifications.
• Performs quality checks per set up sheet.
• Maintains welding equipment and sees that work area is orderly and clean.
• Required to rework parts up to customer specifications.
• All other duties assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Regularly required to sit and talk or hear and often is required to use hands to handle or feel.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Minimum one year of related experience is preferred.
Experience as a welder running a welder.
Must be able to read blueprints, work orders, and follow instructions.
Welds may be required on ground level, above ground and below ground, in any required position.
Perform gouging and scarfing as needed.
Transport material buy a crane if needed.
Chips, peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish.
Welds structural, bridge, and industrial components, occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application or workmanship.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to understand and follow at DSF safety policies and procedures.
Ability to left up to 50 lbs at a time. This position involves a lot of bending, twisting and lifting.
About the Company
Doing Steel Fabrication is a Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Fabricator with 4 locations Nationwide. Our main Headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. We have proudly been servicing the Steel industry for over 35 years and are one of the largest family-owned steel fabricators in the nation.