About the Role
• Monitor project performance and provide consistent feedback to ownership, and the project team. Hold all employees accountable for their performance and productivity.
• Serve as a resource for answering team questions/concerns; including interpretation of drawings, means, methods, etc.
• Promote continuous improvement and contribute to company-wide policies, standards, and procedures.
• Manage some personnel matters, including performance, and attendance. Ensure employee relationship issues and disciplinary processes are consistent with company policies and management.
• Assist in the implementation of a shop mentoring program for new and/or inexperienced fabricators.
• Plan for all projects by reading and understanding all drawings, specifications, and scope of work and conveying appropriate information to staff.
• Plan and direct layout of equipment, workflow, and assembly methods; in conjunction with the shop manager.
• Communicate with shop manager and ownership to ensure schedules are met, and projects are completed efficiently and within budget. Attend production, estimation, and kickoff meetings as required.
• Monitor operations to ensure employees comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
• Ensure all company and industry-related quality standards are maintained on every project.
• Manage the upkeep of all tools, equipment, and machinery as needed.
• Work with the shop manager to maintain the appropriate number of materials and consumables needed in stock.
• Ensure quality control- verify each job that is sent out meets quality standards.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the shop; perform weekly inspections and correct any issues as needed.
• Analyze and resolve work problems; assist employees in problem-solving to increase efficiency, and quality improvements, streamline processes, and control measures.
• Identify project constraints and opportunities for efficiency gains. Applies this analysis to evaluate alternative methods of production.
• Responsible for verification of the accuracy of hours logged in the shop, including the allocation of hours to the correct project.
• Attend meetings with shop manager, drafting, and estimation to review project schedule needs.
• Report all maintenance and repair needs for all tools and equipment to the shop manager. Handle all hand tool repairs as necessary.
Essential: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty to MFAB standards or exceed MFAB standards. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This list is not all-inclusive of the role’s potential skill and experience requirements:
Required Shop Skills:
· Must have a strong background in metal fabrication
· Must have shop foreman experience
About the Company
Doing Steel Fabrication is a Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Fabricator with 4 locations Nationwide. Our main Headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. We have proudly been servicing the Steel industry for over 35 years and are one of the largest family-owned steel fabricators in the nation.