About the Role
• Ensures adequate supply of stock is at station to run machines
• Lifting, positions, and removes work pieces from machines to help in assembly, forming, fitting, and welding
• Loads, stacks, and transports stock and work in process
• Actively watches the condition of product being produced
• Accurately measures and checks parts for compliance
• Picks up, cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment after use
• Fills out production reports and labels product as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability that is needed.
Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole number.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform instructions given in written, oral, or diagram. Ability to deal with problem solving.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must often stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally walk and climb or balance.
We are looking for an individual that can work on and around an industrial steel setting. This will include loud noises, temperature fluctuations and a warehouse environment. Paying close attention to what is going on around you and those that are near your work area is critical. This is a terrific opportunity to get your foot in the door at one of the largest privately owned steel manufacturing facilities in the nation and learn a skill in the steel industry.
About the Company
Doing Steel Fabrication is a Structural and Miscellaneous Steel Fabricator with 4 locations Nationwide. Our main Headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. We have proudly been servicing the Steel industry for over 35 years and are one of the largest family-owned steel fabricators in the nation.